This sculpture was created for the San Francisco Golden Gate Exposition in 1938, but unfortunately it was never exhibited. After spending years in storage it was finally installed at the San Francisco International Airport in 1958 where it greeted travelers for more than 40 years.
It was moved to its current location when the new International Terminal was built in 1996.
The inscription reads,
"Presented to the Citizens of San Francisco by the San Francisco Chronicle
Dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man and the Ideal of Peace Among all the Peoples of the World
Dedicated April 19, 1958
700 Brotherhood Way
San Francisco, CA